With the proper care and maintenance it's easy to keep your stone looking spectacular for years to come. Westernport Stoneworks can assist with all your stone maintenance tasks such as cleaning, sealing and repairs, but there's also a few simple things you should remember when caring for natural stone products.
Basic care do's and don'ts:
- Do clean stone benchtops and surfaces with a mild detergent or stone soap.
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing.
- Do blot up spills immediately.
- Do protect stone floors with non-slip mats and rugs.
- Do protect counter tops with coasters, trivets and placemats as heat can crack natural stone.
- Do seal natural granite and marble countertops to protect them from stains and marks.
- Don't use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids on natural stone surfaces.
- Don't use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub & tile cleaners.
- Don't use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleaners or soft cleaners.
- Don't mix bleach and ammonia, as this combination can create toxic and lethal gas.
Contact us if you have any issues looking after your natural stone, we'll be back with more care and maintenance tips soon.